Carlos Mendes is an Electrotechnical Engineering graduation student from Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Lisbon. His final year project was on lip-synchronization by using finite state machine structures to align phonetic segments.
He is currently a research associate member of the Spoken Language Systems Lab and his current work is on speech processing. He continues to develop his work on alignment of phonetic segments.
INESC ID Information
- Carlos Miguel Duarte Mendes, Alberto Abad, João Paulo da Silva Neto, Isabel Trancoso, Recognition of Latin American Spanish using Multi-task Learning, In Interspeech 2019, ISCA, pages 2135--2139, Graz, Austria, September 2019
- Sérgio Paulo, Luís C. Oliveira, Carlos Miguel Duarte Mendes, Luís António Dias Mestre Figueira, Renato Márcio de França Cassaca, Maria do Céu Guerreiro Viana Ribeiro, Helena Moniz, DIXI - A Generic Text-to-Speech System for European Portuguese, In PROPOR 2008 - 8th International Conference on Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language, Springer-Verlag, vol. 5190, series LNAI, pages 91-100, Aveiro, Portugal, September 2008
- Christian Weiss, Luís C. Oliveira, Sérgio Paulo, Carlos Miguel Duarte Mendes, Luís António Dias Mestre Figueira, Marco Vala, Pedro Sequeira, Ana Paiva, Thurid Vogt, Elisabeth Andre, ECIRCUS: Building Voices for Autonomous Speaking Agents, In 6th Speech Synthesis Workshop, ISCA, Bonn, August 2007
- Carlos Miguel Duarte Mendes, Small Footprint Text-to-Speech Synthesis, MSc thesis, IST, UTLisbon, Lisbon, November 2008
- Carlos Miguel Duarte Mendes, Voicedub - Sincronização Labial Automática, Graduation thesis, December 2005