José David Lopes graduated in Electrical and Computer Engeneering in 2007 from Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade de Coimbra (FCTUC). He received a Masters degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2008 from the same institution, on acoustic models for robust speech recognition. In 2009 he started his PhD on lexical entrainment for spoken dialogue systems at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST).
He also colaborated for Tecnovoz at IT-Coimbra during 2008.
INESC ID Information
- S. Al Moubayed, J. Beskow, B. Bollepalli, A. H. Abdelaziz, M. Johansson, M. Kout, José Lopes, J. Novikova, C. Oertel, G. Skantze, K. Stefanov and G. Varol., Tutoring Robots: Multiparty multimodal social dialogue with an embodied tutor, Springer, July 2013
- José Lopes, Maxine Eskenazi, Isabel Trancoso, From rule-based to data-driven lexical entrainment models in spoken dialog systems, Computer Speech and Language, Elsevier, vol. 31, n. 1, pages 87-112, doi: 10.1016/j.csl.2014.11.007, May 2015
- José Lopes, Arodami Chorianopoulou, Elisavet Palogiannidi, Helena Moniz, Alberto Abad, Katerina Louka, Elias Iosif, Alexandros Potamianos, The SpeDial datasets: datasets for Spoken Dialogue Systems analytics, In LREC, European Language Resources Association (ELRA), pages 104--110, doi: ISBN: 978-2-9517408-9-1, Portorož, Slovenia, May 2016
- José Lopes, Giampiero Salvi, Gabriel Skantze, Alberto Abad, Joakim Gustafson, Fernando Batista, Raveesh Meena, Isabel Trancoso, Detecting Repetitions in Spoken Dialogue Systems Using Phonetic Distances, In Interspeech 2015, ISCA, Dresden, Germany, September 2015
- José Lopes, Isabel Trancoso, Rui Correia, Thomas Pellegrini, Hugo Meinedo, Nuno J. Mamede, Maxine Eskenazi, Multimedia Learning Materials, In IEEE Spoken Language Technology Workshop, IEEE, Berkeley, USA, December 2010
- Luís Marujo, José Lopes, Nuno J. Mamede, Isabel Trancoso, Juan Pino, Maxine Eskenazi, Jorge Baptista, Céu Viana, Porting REAP to European Portuguese, In ISCA International Workshop on Speech and Language Technology in Education (SLaTE 2009), ISCA, ISBN: 070442729X / 9780704427297, Wroxall Abbey Estate, Warwickshire, England, September 2009