Renato Cassaca graduated in Informatics and Computer Engineering in 2002 from Instituto Superior Técnico (IST). His final year project was on conversational dialog systems applied to domotics. After graduating he became a research associate member of the Spoken Language Systems Lab.
His current work is on speech interfaces and dialog systems integration, especially on speech recognition APIs.
INESC ID Information
- Sérgio Paulo, Luís C. Oliveira, Carlos Miguel Duarte Mendes, Luís António Dias Mestre Figueira, Renato Márcio de França Cassaca, Maria do Céu Guerreiro Viana Ribeiro, Helena Moniz, DIXI - A Generic Text-to-Speech System for European Portuguese, In PROPOR 2008 - 8th International Conference on Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language, Springer-Verlag, vol. 5190, series LNAI, pages 91-100, Aveiro, Portugal, September 2008
- João Paulo da Silva Neto, Hugo Meinedo, Márcio Viveiros, Renato Márcio de França Cassaca, Ciro Alexandre Domingues Martins, Diamantino António Caseiro, Broadcast News Subtitling System in Portuguese, In ICASSP 2008 - Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, IEEE, Las Vegas, USA, April 2008
- João Paulo da Silva Neto, Renato Márcio de França Cassaca, Márcio Viveiros, Márcio Duarte Albasini Mourão, Design of a Multimodal Input Interface for a Dialogue System, In PROPOR 2006 - Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language, SPRINGER, vol. 3960, series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pages 170-179, Itatiaia, Brazil, May 2006
- Márcio Duarte Albasini Mourão, Renato Márcio de França Cassaca, Nuno J. Mamede, An Independent Domain Dialog System Through a Service Manager, In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference EsTAL — España for Natural Language Processing, Springer-Verlag, series Lectures Notes in Artificial Intelligence 3230, pages 161-171, Alicante, Spain, October 2004
- Rui Filipe Pedroso Maia, Renato Márcio de França Cassaca, Electronic Assistant, Graduation thesis, December 2002