Update September 2013: I moved to Université de Toulouse III, my new webpage: http://www.irit.fr/~Thomas.Pellegrini
Thomas Pellegrini graduated in Physics at the Ecole Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles of Paris (ESPCI) in 2003. He received a Masters Degree in Acoustics, Signal Processing, Computer Science Applied to Music in 2003 at IRCAM, Paris VI University (ATIAM). He received a PhD in Computer Science in 2008 at LIMSI-CNRS from the Paris-Sud University, on Speech Recognition for Less-represented Languages. He has been a teaching assistant at Paris La Sorbonne during 2007-2008, teaching mainly object-oriented programming. Since september 2008, he is a post-doc at Spoken Language Systems Lab (L²F).
INESC ID Information
- Thomas Pellegrini, Rui Correia, Isabel Trancoso, Jorge Baptista, Nuno J. Mamede, Maxine Eskenazi, ASR-based exercises for listening comprehension practice in European Portuguese, Computer Speech and Language, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.csl.2013.02.004, February 2013
- Thomas Pellegrini, Lori Lamel, Automatic word decompounding for ASR in a morphologically rich language: application to Amharic, IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing,, IEEE Signal Processing Society , vol. 17, n. 5, pages 863 - 873, July 2009
- Annika Hämäläinen, Hyongsil Cho, Sara Candeias, Thomas Pellegrini, Alberto Abad, Michael Tjalve, Isabel Trancoso, Miguel Sales Dias, Automatically Recognising European Portuguese Children’s Speech: Pronunciation Patterns Revealed by an Analysis of ASR Errors, In PROPOR 2014, São Paulo, Brazil, October 2014
- Annika Hamalainen, Hugo Meinedo, Michael Tjalve, Thomas Pellegrini, Isabel Trancoso, Miguel Sales Dias, Improving Speech Recognition through Automatic Selection of Age Group –Specific Acoustic Models, In 11th International Conference on Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language, PROPOR 2014, Springer, series Lecture Notes on Artificial Intelligence, doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-09761-9_2, São Carlos, SP, Brazil, October 2014
- Annika Hämäläinen, Sara Candeias, Hyongsil Cho, Hugo Meinedo, Alberto Abad, Thomas Pellegrini, Michael Tjalve, Isabel Trancoso, Miguel Sales Dias, Correlating ASR Errors with Developmental Changes in Speech Production: A Study of 3-10-Year-Old European Portuguese Children’s Speech, In WOCCI 2014 – Workshop on Child Computer Interaction, Singapore, September 2014
- Thomas Pellegrini, Annika Hämäläinen, Philippe Boula de Mareüil, Michael Tjalve, Isabel Trancoso, Sara Candeias, Miguel Sales Dias, Daniela Braga, A corpus-based study between elderly and young speakers of European Portuguese: acoustic correlates and their impact on speech recognition performance, In Interspeech 2013, ISCA, Lyon, France, August 2013
- Thomas Pellegrini, Isabel Trancoso, Annika Hamalainen, António Calado, Miguel Sales Dias, Daniela Braga, Impact of age in ASR for the elderly: preliminary experiments in European Portuguese, In IBERSPEECH 2012, Springer, series CCIS 328, Madrid, Spain, November 2012
- Isabel Trancoso, Thomas Pellegrini, André Freire Silva, Rui Correia, Nuno J. Mamede, Jorge Baptista, Learning Portuguese with Speech Technologies, In IBERSPEECH 2012, pages 411-414, , Madrid, Spain, November 2012
- Thomas Pellegrini, Wang Ling, André Freire Silva, Isabel Trancoso, Rui Correia, Jorge Baptista, Nuno J. Mamede, Overview of computer-assisted language learning for European Portuguese at L2F, In Computer Supported Education, Oporto, April 2012
- Thomas Pellegrini, Rui Correia, Isabel Trancoso, Jorge Baptista, Nuno J. Mamede, Automatic generation of listening comprehension learning material in European Portuguese, In Interspeech, ISCA, pages 1629-1632, Florence, Italy, August 2011
- José Lopes, Isabel Trancoso, Rui Correia, Thomas Pellegrini, Hugo Meinedo, Nuno J. Mamede, Maxine Eskenazi, Multimedia Learning Materials, In IEEE Spoken Language Technology Workshop, IEEE, Berkeley, USA, December 2010
- Miguel Bugalho, José Portêlo, Isabel Trancoso, Thomas Pellegrini, Alberto Abad, Detecting Audio Events for Semantic Video Search, In Interspeech 2009, ISCA, pages 1151-1154, Brighton, UK, September 2009
- Isabel Trancoso, Thomas Pellegrini, José Portêlo, Hugo Meinedo, Miguel Bugalho, Alberto Abad, João Paulo da Silva Neto, Audio contributions to semantic video search, In 2009 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2009), IEEE, New York, USA, June 2009
- Ebru Arisoy, Thomas Pellegrini, Murat Saraclar, Lori Lamel, Enhanced Morfessor Algorithm with Phonetic Features: application to Turkish, In SPECOM, June 2009
- 3P - Portuguese Pronunciation Professor, Mariana Sofia Pimenta Lopes. Instituto Superior Técnico (2013-2014). Isabel Trancoso, advisor. Thomas Pellegrini, co-advisor.
- Áudio Descrição de Filmes, Virgínia Maria Martins Barbosa. Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade Técnica de Lisboa (2009-2011). Isabel Trancoso, advisor. Thomas Pellegrini, co-advisor.
Languages, Automatic Speech Recognition, Audio, Music and Sound in general.