Pedro Fialho has a Master thesis from University of Évora with logical QA applied to medical ontologies as thesis subject and he's now enrolled in the NICE PhD program in Computer Science. His research interests also include speech technologies, logic programming, linguistics and NLP, mostly with AI as main target. He's a proud member of the Spoken Language Systems Lab since 2011, when he was introduced to Luísa Coheur and the QA@L2F team.
Pedro also likes music, bicycle rides and occasional guitar playing.
- Pedro Fialho, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, Benchmarking Natural Language Inference and Semantic Textual Similarity for Portuguese., Information, MDPI, n. 11, November 2020
- Pedro Fialho, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, To BERT or not to BERT Dealing with possible BERT failures in an Entailment task., In 18th International Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems (IPMU), Lisbon , June 2020
- Hugo Oliveira, João Ferreira, José Santos, Pedro Fialho, Ricardo Rodrigues, Luísa Coheur, Ana Alves, AIA-BDE: A Corpus of FAQs in Portuguese and their Variations, In LREC 2020 (cancelled due COVID), April 2020
- Pedro Fialho, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, Back to the feature, in entailment detection and similarity measurement for Portuguese, In 14th International Conference, PROPOR 2020, Springer, vol. 12037, series Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series, pages 164-173, Évora, March 2020
- Pedro Fialho, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, From Lexical to Semantic Features in Paraphrase Identification, In 8th Symposium on Languages, Applications and Technologies, OASIcs, vol. 74, June 2019
- Pedro Fialho, Hugo Rodrigues, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, L2F/INESC-ID at SemEval-2017 Tasks 1 and 2: Lexical and semantic features in word and textual similarity, In Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval-2017), August 2017
- Pedro Fialho, Ricardo Marques, Bruno Martins, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, INESC-ID at ASSIN: Measuring Semantic Similarity and Recognizing Textual Entailment, In Propor workshop, July 2016
- David Luís Soares Ameixa, Luísa Coheur, Pedro Fialho, Paulo Quaresma, Luke, I am your father: Dealing with Out-of-domain Requests by Using Movies Subtitles, In International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA 2014), Springer, series Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Boston, August 2014
- Pedro Fialho, Luísa Coheur, Sérgio dos Santos Lopes Curto, Pedro Miguel Abrunhosa Cláúdio, Angela Costa, Alberto Abad, Hugo Meinedo, Isabel Trancoso, MEET EDGAR, A TUTORING AGENT AT MONSERRATE, In ACL, series Proceedings of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association f, Sofia, Bulgaria, August 2013
- Pedro Mota, Luísa Coheur, Sérgio dos Santos Lopes Curto, Pedro Fialho, Natural Language Understanding: From Laboratory Predictions to Real Interactions, In 15th International Conference on Text, Speech and Dialogue (TSD), Springer, vol. 7499, series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Brno, Czech Republic, September 2012
- Pedro Fialho, Sérgio dos Santos Lopes Curto, Ana Cristina Mendes, Luísa Coheur, Extending a wordnet framework for simplicity and scalability, In Proceedings of the Eight International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC12), European Language Resources Association (ELRA), Istanbul, Turkey, May 2012
- Pedro Fialho, Sérgio dos Santos Lopes Curto, Luísa Coheur, Ricardo Ribeiro, E-TUTOR: a tutoring agent, In International Conference on Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language (Propor) , , Coimbra, Portugal, April 2012
- Pedro Fialho, Ricardo Miguel Machado Marques, Bruno Martins, Luísa Coheur, Paulo Quaresma, INESC-ID@ASSIN: Medição de Similaridade Semântica e Reconhecimento de Inferência Textual}, Linguamática, pages 33-42, December 2016
- QA, Speech technologies, NLP